Monday, August 19, 2013

AADE Conference

On Thursday August 8th, as part of Students with Diabetes, I headed to Philadelphia to attend the American Association of Diabetes Educators Conference.

After taking my first train and taxi ride, I got to the conference, and I was able to share my experiences as an Intern at the Students with Diabetes exhibit table, which was, ironically, right next to the JDRF table.


I really enjoyed "bragging," promoting, and selling Students with Diabetes to various Diabetes Educators, and other exhibitors alike.

I also enjoyed spending the day with my favorite Students with Diabetes People! (Nicole, John, Stephanie, and Martin!)

I also was able to walk around to the other exhibitor booths as well.

It is moments like this that I am really able to see how big the diabetes community really is. It astounds me, and shows that there are millions of opportunities for me to be able to stay within the diabetes field after graduation.

This conference was an amazing experience, and I'm very glad that I was able to be a part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment