Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 30. July 6th: 30 DAYS!?!!?

Today is my 30th day being in New York!!!!!

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, this blog post deals with my adventures on Saturday! 

 I celebrated hard on Saturday for being in NY for 30 days already!....ok, not really. In actuality, I didn't realize that I've been in NY for about a month until this morning (Mon.), when I realized that I as behind on my blog posts. But what I did Saturday, made a good day. 

Saturday was HOT. 


So, sleeping in until 12pm felt great! (I always have good blood sugar numbers when I wake up late:) ) 
 Although I was waking up at like every hour with the feeling that I had something to do, that wasn't fun.

My roommate and I just read our books (I finished mine!!!) until we recieved a text from the guys down the hall, about going to the Beach. We packed up our bags, threw on our swimsuits, and headed out the door. 





We jumped on the Subway and heading into Brooklyn, made a transfer to the Q train, which is the only subway that goes above ground! It was kinda cool seeing the world while riding the subway, and also having phone connection. 


We rode the subway until the 3rd to last stop and got off at Brighten Beach, near Coney Island. 


It was packed with people. We threw down our towels, and just sat there for a few minutes, soaking in the Vitamin D. Then we realized that we weren't very prepared, we didn't bring any snacks (of course I did, but that was my personal diabetic supply, and I wasn't sharing!) We didn't have a ball or frisbee to throw around, or even a deck of cards with us. 


We did end up in the water for a bit. It was very salty, and cold. Also there was garbage floating around. It was somewhat unappealing, but it felt good to cool off, and thankfully had a nice sandy floor

We walked the boardwalk all the way to Coney Island. It was fun to people watch. 

Finally we decided we were hungry, but didn't really want Coney Island food, so we made our way to the subway & headed back to Brooklyn Heights to eat at the Shake Shack!!!


After supper, we split at our apartment to take quick showers, and then we headed back out again to hit the 10:50 showing of Fast and Furious 6 at the AMC theater in TIMES SQUARE! 


It was a good movie, and I'm glad I've finally seen it (Yes I've seen the other 5). Guess how much I paid too...$16!!! o.O 

NYC is going to make me broke, but I'm having the experiences of a lifetime! 

(P.S. I don't know how to get rid of the highlighting...sorry!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment