Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22/23/24: Uh Oh.

Uh OH... What's Uh Oh you say?

I'M SICK

I do not recall ever being sick during the summer, nothing that a quick allergy pill can fix. But this, this is definitely not just allergies. Sore Throat, Runny Nose, Cough, Dreary Eyes, overall feelings of "ugh." This, folks, is what we call the common cold!

Look at those "professional" glasses!
For a person with Diabetes though, it means one more thing we have to add to our plates. Living in here in NYC, I'll have to find myself a pharmacy, not like I don't see A million Duane Reads out there, I just have to go and get what I need.

I've taken naps the last two days after I get home from work, and I went to bed pretty early last night as well. I ate an entire can of soup yesterday. It was delicious, and the steam from my shower this morning also felt wonderful. I've worn glasses these last few days at work, just because my eyes would revolt against my contacts.

So to talk about diabetes with being sick. When a "normal" person is sick, they sit on the couch, eating whatever sounds good, or nothing at all, downing 16 glasses of orange juice. As a diabetic though, I cannot go about having 16 glasses of orange juice, nor can I just eat nothing. I have to watch my blood sugar even more carefully, normally Blood Sugar rises when sick. For me though, I tend to drop lower, requiring me to eat, which is sometimes the last thing I want to do when ill.

Thankfully I'm not at that point. I'm just at the "I want to sleep all day" point. I have to stop at the store on the way home and pick up some cough Drops, Orange Juice, and maybe another can of soup. Then it will be to my bed for a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment