Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 6. June 11th: My Second Day

Today was my second day at work. I am excited for what is going to come for the rest of the week. I am currently figuring out ideas for my own project, to create my own impact on the world of Diabetes. Today I sat at my desk all day, and learned what it felt like to have a desk and office job! Such a different, and yet still amazing atmosphere compared to what I've done before. The office is buzzing with projects and activities that are going on. It feels so uplifting to be in the middle of it all.

I worked a full day today, from 9am until 5pm. Then decided it was too nice of a day, although it was supposed to rain, I walked an extra bit to a different subway station, just so I could stretch my legs and breathe the fresh air. There is something about walking the streets of the financial district wearing a suit that just, for a lack of better word, feels COOL! I feel like I've moved beyond the point of tourist, and am now just a vistor in New York City. I can just walk the streets and appreciate the amazing buildings, the sometimes cobblestone roads, the taxis honking at each other, and the people.
The things you see. 

Walking down the street

After arriving at my apartment, I compared notes with my roommate about our days. We both sat back and relaxed for a bit, and then headed off to find supper. We ended up getting Subway ( the food), and taking it to a bench by the waters edge. We watched the sunset over the skyline, decided we should go running sometime, and enjoyed the beauty of it all. After our refreshing walk, we headed back to our apartment, and both kicked back and relaxed.

Beautiful View from Brooklyn

Sunset over the water
Tomorrow will be another full day at work, and I should be going to sleep soon. So until tomorrow everyone, pleasant dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment